There are many sound reasons for training your workforce, not least a legal requirement that if breached could lead to a charge under the Corporate Manslaughter Act 2008, ending with a custodial sentence.
The RSTA is a CITB Approved Training Organisation (ATO).
A CITB ATO is an organisation which provides construction training courses and qualifications to a defined and industry-agreed training standard.
An important objective of the RSTA is the continued improvement in the competence of the road surfacing industry’s workforce.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is the lifelong process of learning and continuing personal development. It’s the means by which you can maintain and enhance your knowledge and skills to complement both your current role and your future career progression.
RSTA Silver Certificates
The only certificate of competence to show continued CPD in your specialised field, and is a mandatory requirement of the following: Read PDF…
Remember – Your CPD only lasts a maximum of 5 years – Renew yours now!
The following is a list of all the CPD courses being held in autumn 2019.
See booking forms below for prices and discounts.
Places will only be confirmed once payment has been secured.
We are currently working our our spring 2020 courses. If you would like to be kept up to date with our list as we release them, please send your details to email@example.com
***NEW COURSES RELEASED FOR 2020***
Course dates in Milton Keynes, Perth & Bristol to be released soon
To book a place on any of these courses please complete the appropriate booking form from below and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE To Attend CPD Seminar
Road Authorities and Transport Scotland only
Seminar is available only to road authorities and Scottish Roads.
Working in partnership with the Scottish Roads collaboration, the RSTA bring road authorities and transport Scotland a free to attend 1 day seminar
The RSTA runs its own Assessment Centre to provide members with the facility to qualify their workforce to meet the demands of the Sector. We provide a one stop shop to meet all your training needs including access to grant funding for NVQ’s and Short Duration Training leading to NVQ’s Level 2, 3 and 4 for operatives/supervisors. CSCS cards are applied for on completion of your chosen NVQ to gain your relevant card. We also provide a comprehensive NVQ assessment service at a discounted price for members.
Please see below a list of NVQ’s that the RSTA currently offer:
We provide the only route for obtaining RSTA endorsed CSCS cards as required by Sector Scheme 13
NVQ level 2
- Roadbuilding (Construction) – Surface Dressing – Machine
- Roadbuilding (Construction) – Slurry/Micro Surfacing – Machine
- Roadbuilding (Construction) – High Friction Surfacing – Manual
- Roadbuilding (Construction) – Slurry/Micro Surfacing – Manual
- Roadbuilding (Construction) – Bituminous Paving – (All remedials driver/operator)
- Roadbuilding (Construction) – Surface Retexturing
- Roadbuilding (Construction) – Pavement Marking (Machine & Manual)
- Roadbuilding (Construction) – Pavement Marking (Road Studs)
- Roadbuilding (Construction) – High Friction Surfacing (Manual & Machine)
- Roadbuilding (Construction) – Crack & Joint Repair (Manual)
- Roadbuilding (Construction) – Flexible & Semi Flexible Paving Plant which includes endorsements – Spray Injection Operator & Geosynthetic (membrane or steel mesh) installer
- Roadbuilding (Construction – Thermal Repair
- Roadbuilding and Maintenance (Construction) — Plant — Road Sweeping
NVQ level 3
- L3 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision
NVQ level 4
- L4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
If the NVQ qualification you require is not on the list then please contact the RSTA office on 01902 824 325 as this might be something we can arrange for you.
For further information or enquiries please contact the RSTA office on 01902 824 325.
National Highways Sector Scheme 13, BBA HAPAS, RSTA Codes of Practice and most contractors and clients require proof of competence with up to date safety training, and this is provided by a CSCS card.
Complete your NVQ through the RSTA and have your CSCS card endorsed with the coveted RSTA logo
Diploma in Road Surface Technology
An important objective of the RSTA is to continuously improve the competency of the road surface treatments industry workforce. To facilitate this RSTA provides full support and advice to members on all aspects of training and qualifications. We also provide a route to obtaining a University level diploma in Road Surface Technology through the University of Derby.
Cross Reference Guide to Training Requirements by Sector
The qualifications required to address the complexities of Sector Schemes, BBA HAPAS, Codes of practices can be confusing.
For all training enquiries please contact the RSTA office on 01902 824 325